Our Mission & History
The Pasadena Foundation was formed in 1953 to address “current needs unmet and future needs unforeseen” in our community. Now organized as the Pasadena Community Foundation, our mission is to improve and enrich the lives of people in the greater Pasadena area through commitments to:
Provide grants and services to strengthen community-based organizations;
Promote and participate in community partnerships;
Enable donors to meet their philanthropic goals; and
Serve as a leader and catalyst to build charitable funds emphasizing permanent endowments to fund grants to local organizations
Established as the Pasadena Foundation in 1953 by noted philanthropist Louis A. Webb, the organization changed its name in 2005 to better reflect its identity and its mission.