Charitable Gift Annuity Program
Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF) is licensed to offer charitable gift annuities to benefit both PCF and other local charities.
Help your favorite local charity, and receive lifetime income too!
With a minimum gift of $20,000* you will receive a fixed annual annuity payment AND a tax deduction depending on your age (must be 65 or older):
Age Rate Age Rate
65 5.1% 80 7.3%
70 5.6% 85 8.3%
75 6.2% 90+ 9.5%
*Minimum gift and age eligibility require evaluation of impact to charitable beneficiary. PCF will advise once application is made.
If the donor needs to receive income from the asset while she/he is still living, in order to cover expenses, but still would like to help their favorite charity during their lifetime, there are instances where CGA may be beneficial:
- If the donor has funds in CDs or other accounts that are earning little to no return (or a property that is not generating sufficient income)
- If the donor is looking for a secure source of income (PCF’s strong financial position and reinsurance ensures that the donor will be paid on time and in full)
- If the donor has appreciated stock that would incur a capital gains tax liability if liquidated
- Possibly saves tax on Social Security benefits (the annuity is a tax-free return of principal, not income)
- Other potential tax advantages (please speak with your tax advisor)
To apply or get a quote, please download the application here, fill it out, and email or mail it to CFO Mariver Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301 E. Colorado Blvd., Suite 810, Pasadena, CA 91101.
You are not committed until you meet with PCF and write a check.
To read a short article on CGAs featuring donor Sandy Greenstein and Pasadena Senior Center, click here.
To view the brochure, click here.