Please note that the 2021 PCF Senior Grant cycle is by invitation only.
Also, if you are selected as a participant in the City of Pasadena CDBG Food Pantry Program, PCF will not be able to fund you at this time.
Deadline for Applications — Applications for 2021 are now closed.
Online application system — PCF’s online application system is available by clicking here.
Grant Cycle — This is an annual grant opportunity. Agencies will be eligible to reapply for a second year of funding.
Senior Grants are awarded in May.
Grant Amount — Senior Grants are limited to a range of $5,000 to $10,000.
Target Demographic — Pasadena Community Foundation is committed to meeting the health needs of the frail elderly in the City of Pasadena. This undertaking is defined as serving senior (age 65+) residents of Pasadena who are mentally, physically, or economically frail. PCF has a particular interest in home-bound seniors, a group that may be difficult to identify and/or connect with services.
Target Needs — To achieve this goal, we will fund organizations and programs that serve the health needs (broadly defined as nutrition, assistance with activities of daily living, and medical services) of this target demographic through:
- enhancing food security
- providing ancillary medical services (dental, vision, hearing)
- enabling seniors to remain independent in their home
- providing caregiver support (with a particular interest in senior caregivers)/elder abuse prevention
- providing transportation services (with a particular interest in door to door services targeting the frail elderly
Measurable Outcomes — We pursue this goal by funding organizations that can demonstrate measurable outcomes and that have:
- a track record of working with the senior population
- the ability to identify and outreach to homebound or underserved seniors
- the capacity to sustain, enhance or expand services
Funding is not available on a retroactive or reimbursement basis.
- Grants may be made only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)3 or 170(c)(1) or (2)(b) of the Internal Revenue code. None shall be made to Private Foundations under Section 509 (1) of the Code.
- An organization must have been in existence for at least two years (based on the date of IRS determination letter) and have achieved a record of effective service and sustainability.
- All previous grants have to be completed. A grantee with an “open grant” will be ineligible for new funding. Grantees who have not complied with previous grant deadlines and reporting or submission of receipts may not be eligible for new grant consideration.
- Organizations seeking funding from the Pasadena Community Foundation may only apply for ONE grant per cycle in the Capital or Senior or Education or Vista Nova Grant Programs.
The Foundation Will Not Make Senior Grants For or To:
- Direct aid to individuals.
- Influencing legislation or elections.
- Sectarian religious organizations or churches. PCF will, however, consider requests from sectarian religious organizations for support of community social service oriented activities sponsored by such organizations, provided that such activities meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Agencies not engaged in the actual performance of direct services to individuals consistent with Pasadena Community Foundation purposes.
- In general, the Foundation does not make grants from its discretionary funds to organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- Building improvements on leased property. PCF typically will not invest in building improvements to property not owned by the non-profit applicant organization. Some exceptions may be made at the discretion of the board to property owned by the city or school districts or other public entity or for an exceptionally long term lease arrangement.
Grant Report Deadlines and Compliance — Strict reporting requirements must be followed in order to qualify for future grants.
Agencies are also required to meet PCF’s Grant Recognition Guidelines.