Friends & Fellows
A gift to Friends & Fellows strengthens PCF’s investment in the Pasadena community.
A gift to the Friends & Fellows Campaign supports PCF’s local grantmaking. Gifts facilitate PCF’s ability to fund the creation of housing, a vibrant arts scene, better community health, student enrichment and scholarships, assistance to vulnerable seniors, environmental preservation, and so much more.
In 2021, Friends & Fellows gifts provided critical support for PCF’s grantmaking, including:
- Performing & Visual Arts Recovery Grant Program. Nearly $100,000 in relief funds to 14 local arts organizations severely impacted by the pandemic.
- Equitable Vaccine Rollout. $100,000 in support of community vaccine clinics targeting hard-to-reach, vaccine-hesitant populations.
- 28 PCF Scholars. Now in its third year, this vital scholarship program supports PUSD graduates attending Pasadena City College.
- The debut of Animal Welfare Grants Program, with $25,000 in funding to Pasadena Humane and PAWS/LA.
- PCF’s donor services that maximize the impact of individual philanthropy.
“For us, the strength of PCF is that it was founded not to support a single organization but to support a broad array of causes.”
Margaret & David Mgrublian, 2021 Friends and Fellows Campaign Chairs
Altadena resident Keni Arts’ en-plein-air paintings inspired the 2021 Friends & Fellows campaign.
Keni enjoyed a long career as a set artist for Hollywood studios. He started painting street scenes of Pasadena and Altadena in 1977. Now retired, he can still be found throughout the city, capturing slice-of-life scenes from everyday Pasadena that feel immediate, heartfelt, and familiar. Just as PCF supports the local landscape with its grantmaking, Keni uplifts the local landscape with his art.
Keni’s “Pasadena Post Office,” the signature artwork of this year’s campaign, showcases a recognizable landscape: the beautiful 1913 Italian Renaissance post office at Garfield and Colorado Boulevard, our iconic Pasadena City Hall, and the building that houses PCF’s offices.