Friends & Fellows
For 68 years, Pasadena Community Foundation has helped shape the local landscape by providing vital support for our community’s residents and places.
A Friends & Fellows gift supports the local philanthropy that distinguishes our community.
The 2021 Friends and Fellows Campaign is inspired by Altadena artist Keni Arts, who captures everyday Pasadena with his heartfelt, en-plein-air paintings. His art reminds us that everyday Pasadena is a special place filled with diverse residents, unique businesses, and natural beauty. Friends & Fellows gifts are the perfect way to support our community and the issues that impact our neighbors and local places. They support the creation of housing, the arts, innovative projects to preserve the environment, student enrichment, scholarships, vulnerable seniors, and so much more.
In 2021, Friends & Fellows gifts provided critical support for PCF’s grant making, including:
- Performing & Visual Arts Recovery Grant Program, with nearly $100,000 in relief funds to 14 local arts organizations severely impacted by the pandemic.
- Equitable Vaccine Rollout. $100,000 in support of community vaccine clinics targeting hard-to-reach, vaccine-hesitant populations.
- 28 PCF Scholars. Now in its third year, this vital scholarship program supports PUSD graduates attending Pasadena City College.
- The debut of Animal Welfare Grants Program, with $25,000 in funding to Pasadena Humane and PAWS/LA.
- PCF’s donor services that maximize the impact of individual philanthropy.
“For us, the strength of PCF is that it was founded not to support a single organization but to support a broad array of causes. We know our annual Friends and Fellows gift is an investment toward many organizations that collectively make our community healthier, stronger, and a better place to live.”
~ Margaret & David Mgrublian, 2021 Friends and Fellows Campaign Chairs