PCF’s annual breakfast to honor local nonprofits providing vital services in the Pasadena area was re-imagined for 2020 to comply with healthcare safety protocols. Instead of an in-person gathering, PCF hosted a live late afternoon virtual event on October 29.
Hundreds of people tuned in to enjoy:
- Live remarks from PCF staff and Board members;
- Short inspirational videos highlighting the work a few of PCF’s grantees have been doing in the critical areas of food security, education, health and homelessness;
- The entertaining stylings of MC and local resident, Lance Davis of Parson’s Nose Theater;
- Giveaways in support of some of Pasadena’s wonderful local restaurants; and
Special guest “appearances” which included Pasadena Mayor Terry Tornek;
- Council Member John Kennedy; Director of Housing Bill Huang; Superintendent of PCC, Dr. Erika Endrijonas; and Kate Gale, managing editor of Red Hen Press.
The event closed with President & CEO Jennifer DeVoll’s announcement that PCF had awarded, over the month of October, an additional $460,000 to local nonprofits, bringing the total awards in 2020 to $2.5 million dollars.