College Women’s Club of Pasadena Scholarship
Founded in 1921, the College Women’s Club of Pasadena is truly an historic organization. The Club’s Scholarship Foundation allocates financial aid to approximately 10 full-time students each year who need financial help completing their college or graduate education. Over its lifetime, CWCPSF has granted out more than $1.3 million 663 women.
In 2016, the Club made the decision to transfer the scholarship foundation’s $1.2 million endowment to the Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF). Since that time, PCF has managed the College Women’s Club of Pasadena Scholarship Endowment. Club members raise funds and select scholarship recipients. This partnership ensures the perpetuity of the Club’s outreach and mission.
Scholarship & Fellowship Guidelines
The application cycle for the 2023-24 school year will open in early 2023.
Art Center College of Design, California Institute of Technology, East Los Angeles College, Fuller Theological Seminary (Schools of Psychology & Sociology), Glendale Community College, Occidental College, Pacific Oaks College, Pasadena City College, California State University Los Angeles (College of Education), & California State University Los Angeles (School of Nursing).
- Women undergraduates must be sophomores or beyond, enrolled full-time, taking 12 or more units and moving to junior or senior status.
- Women graduate students must fulfill their school’s full-time requirements.
- US citizens and permanent residents, as well as DACA recipients, are eligible to apply.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above.
1. Complete the entire application online. If an item is not applicable to you or the answer is “none,” so state.
2. Personal Essay: Please provide a personal statement that tells us about yourself. You may address all or some of the following topics: academic/career/life goals, importance of education, reason for your chosen field of study, achievements, hardships you have overcome, family influences, philosophy of life that guides you, and any other information you would like us to know. This personal essay and your financial need are the two most important factors for this scholarship. Personal essay is limited to 2 typed pages.
3. Letter of Recommendation: Your application must include one (1) letter of recommendation, preferably from a professor/instructor at your current college. You are responsible to make sure the letter of recommendation is delivered by the deadline.
4. Official Transcript: Your completed application must include a copy of your official current college transcript in PDF format.
Deadline & Notification to Applicants:
The application period for 2023-24 school year is now closed.
For application forms and information, please contact the school’s financial aid department.
Make a donation to this fund.